ZenCat Lounge is home to over a dozen adoptable cats that you can play with and pet. We foster them from 4 local rescue groups who save cats from shelters, the streets, and take them in when owners can no longer care for them. Many are in need of opportunities for positive interactions with humans — that’s where you come in!
You get to enjoy the physical & emotional benefits of cat companionship – purrs that can lower your heart rate, cuddles that can reduce your anxiety, amusing antics, and sandpaper kisses – without the litter box cleaning duty or 3 am wake-up meows.
- One-hour visit: $18
- 30-minute visit: $10
- Coloring page: $1 (small) / $2 (large)
- Cat toy crafts: $3-5
- Individual guided meditation session during your visit: $5-10
How to Visit ZenCat Lounge
- We recommend making a reservation, especially on weekends. If we’re holding a class or event, or the lounge is full, walk-ins will be asked to wait or to come back later. A reservation guarantees that you’ll be able to visit at the time you choose. But we know that the urge to snuggle cats can pop up unexpectedly, so reservations are only required during the last hour of the day (6-7 pm Mon-Thu, 7-8 pm Fri-Sun). No walk-ins admitted less than one hour before closing! The cats have an evening routine and unexpected visits at the end of the day disrupt their routine and upset them.
- Use our online reservation system below and check your email for a confirmation.
- In order to maintain a peaceful atmosphere, children under 12 are not allowed in the lounge (except for Kitten Parties) and anyone under 16 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Due to county regulations, no food is allowed inside. You are welcome to bring your own beverage in a container with a lid, or enjoy complimentary bottled water.
Know Before You Go
- Our cat interaction areas are no-shoe zones. This helps the cats feel comfortable around strangers. If you must keep your shoes on for medical reasons, please wear clean, soft-soled shoes.
- Children under 12 are welcome to visit during our Kitten Parties. Some of our adult cats are working on being comfortable around humans and are frightened by loud voices & sudden movements. Please respect them by not bringing children under 12 into the lounge.
- If you’re interested in adoption, we encourage you to check out our gallery and read more about adopting from ZenCat Lounge.
On most days we have 15 cats living at ZenCat Lounge. However, there may be fewer on the day of your visit because of vet appointments or recent adoptions. Also, shy cats just beginning socialization training may not be ready to leave the Cats Only room yet. If there’s a specific cat whose photos you’ve fallen in love with and you want to be sure to meet them, let us know before you come in.